Wednesday, September 11, 2013

LARPing...Some Jacksons are doing it!

LARPing, or Live-Action-Role-Playing, has become a favorite tradition in the Jackson family.  These nerds spend hours constructing swords out of pipe, foam, tape, and fabric and then use them in pretend combat to battle each other individually or on teams.


Casey, Bradley, and Scott at the beginning of a battle.


Scott, Chris, Brad, and Casey mid combat.


They get seriously into it and even follow a set of rules. Injuries often occur.  I must say I would not make fun of them so much for doing it, if I was just better at it.  Whenever in battle, I just run around trying not to get hit and have yet to actually "wound" or "kill" anyone.


Of course, the young Jackson boys think this is awesome and want to play as well.  One day Grandma Jackson and I helped William, Jet, Adam, and Tyce make armor out of place mats and ice cream buckets.


Then we let them loose to fight each other!


The youngest warrior, still in diapers.

I loved this post from Scott and Stacy's blog...see more at


No comments:

Post a Comment