Friday, May 10, 2013

Jen's BIRTH day

Memories of Jennifer Lynn Jackson's birth


Jennifer was born on May 10, 1972 in Bellevue, Washington on a rainy day (what else in Washington).  In those days we did not have ultrasounds to find out the gender of the baby, so we prepared for either a boy or a girl.  Before Jen's birth the whole family sat around the kitchen table and talked about names.  the sibs were all excited and wanted a girl so badly so they came up with Jennifer Lynn.  We didn't know at the time, but there were another million girls named Jennifer about that same time.

Before Jen was born we had an experience that made her birth so wonderful for us.  When Connie was diagnosed with her urethra  problem she had to have alot of x-rays.  At one time when she was having an x-ray, She was freaking out so they asked me to come in with her.  We forgot to put the lead apron on.   A month or so later I found out that I was about 3 month pregnant.  When I told my doctor about the x-ray incident he suggested that I have an abortion because he feared that the baby would be malformed.  After about two months of worrying I finally went to Mick and asked for a blessing.  Two weeks later I had a miscarriage and the doctor said that the fetus was quite malformed.  Since my patriarcal blessing promised me children with sound minds and perfect bodies, we knew that the Lord had taken this baby and that Jennifer was just waiting for the perfect body before she could come down and live with us.
Jen was a beautiful baby and the family was so happy to have her.  We did spoil her a lot, but that is OK.  That is what big brother and sisters are for.  We are glad she waited for that perfect body.










No comments:

Post a Comment